5/05/2010

SAMMY JO & DJ NITA : INVISIBLE LIGHT REMIX


MUSIC:

SAMMY JO INTERVIEW :

INVISIBLE LIGHT remixes, how this project come about and how is going to work?

Last summer when Jake came to visit me in Barcelona he played me some of the new songs that were going to be on the new album “Night Work” and I instantly loved Invisible Light. I knew I wanted to remix it. I´m real excited by the way this releases have been organized, exactly like the original single from the band our remixes will only be available over internet so we get to launch our 2 versions (vocal & dub) on some select blogs worldwide on May 5th which, by the way, coincides with my birthday!
It´s perfect that it is the first glimpse of the new Scissor album because it really shows what the record is about.

The new album from the band is finally close to its release date 28th of June, we have been waiting for more than 3 years, anticipation is massive, what shall we expect?

You can expect a record packed with dance tracks. There are no ballads on this album. It´s a total party record that´s meant to be played all night till the sun comes up.

You have been producing some music lately, the remix of THE ANTHEM for Tasty Tim’s Ep is out now and its doing very well, any more projects in the pipeline?

Back in October 2009 Tasty told me he was doing this Anthem ep and asked if I wanted to do a mix for it. I had just started remixing work with this amazing NYC house dj, Dj Nita Aviance, who I´ve known for years. I asked him if he wanted to work on the track with me and we had such a fab time.
We then decided to keep this collaboration on and so we did the 2 Invisible Light remixes together. It´s funny because our dj styles are very different but when we are in the studio working our differences actually compliment each other.
Another new track which I am particularly excited about is the remix on one of my favourite AMANDA LEAR , I have worked on this together with Babydaddy and its titled “I’ m Coming Up” it should be out also this coming Summer so look for it as well !!!


Summer 2010 is finally round the corner, where are we going to find you? With and Without the band….

Well, this summer looks like it´s gonna be busy...it´s kicking off with a UK tour with the band where amongst several other dates I am really happy to be part of the Glastonbury line up. I get to dj a set before Scissor Sisters play the main stage Saturday night on the 26th of June. The rest of Europe will follow and the actual dates are getting confirmed as we speak and will be announced shortly. Then it will be club work for me for July and August, you will find me for sure at Razzmatazz in Barcelona and many other countries such as Italy & Portugal also another tour of Australia & New Zealand seems to be coming up towards the end July and i am really excited as I love that part of the world where lots of my dear friends are....(you know who you are !!!!)
Oh, and I´m playing Cork´s Pride Festival on June 6th which should be real fun.

And finally the question number 5….5 tunes which at the moment put your record bag on fire?

1- Bad Love (Groove Armada UK Dub)- Booka Shade
    2- Fade To Grey (Michael Gray mix)- Visage
    3- Hot Hot Hot (Instrumental)- Dee-Lux
    4- Zombies- Herve
    5- Yearning (Emperor Machine Mix)-Black Van

Invisible Light Remix By Sammy Jo and Dj NIta Downdload and Play now :

http://soundcloud.com/jumpdj/invisible-strings-of-light-the-vocal-rmx-by-sammy-jo-nita
http://soundcloud.com/jumpdj/invisidub-the-dub-rmx-by-sammy-jo-nita

JUMPDJ THE AGENCY :http://www.myspace.com/jumpdj